Renovating Sections of Autumn House for A New Leaf
The agents at Keller Williams Arizona Realty spent their 2023 Red Day renovating and cleaning several sections of Autumn House for A New Leaf.
Since 1971, A New Leaf has provided assistance to those most in need in our community, helping families, children, and adults overcome the challenges they face. Communities are stronger when families are safe, have a secure home, and are able to provide for themselves and their children.
Autumn House provides shelter for survivors of domestic violence. As a result, families are ultimately given a chance to make a brighter future for themselves.
Agents and volunteers spent their time working on several sections of Autumn House throughout 2023 Red Day:
- Agents spent time on three apartments cleaning, painting, and installing new fixtures, therefore providing a “like new” environment for residents.
- A new dog kennel and “catio” were cleaned out for additional renovation.
- Volunteers spent time sorting, organizing, and moving clothing and other items to the store, the basement, or to a holding spot for future donation.
- Pat from Autumn House guided volunteers in the basement on reorganizing, cleaning, and setting up new shelving.
- Bins holding pet food were moved into storage in the basement now that there was more room and the floors were cleared.
2023 Red Day a Resounding Success!
Agents and volunteers were nearly able to move mountains on 2023 Red Day. Mountains of items and construction debris, that is! Everyone on hand stepped up to pitch in at multiple places. Wherever you went on the property you saw friendly faces hard at work with some task to complete. Three apartments received lots of new paint and fixtures. As a result, residents can return to nice and clean homes as they work to get through their time at Autumn House.
Volunteers worked top to bottom in all of the areas. Some volunteers spent time removing details like vent grates for cleaning, returning to replace them after painting. Unnecessary hardware and broken shelving on the ceiling in the basement was removed. Every area was swept and cleaned so the administration and the residents could enjoy the renovated areas right away. Therefore, returning residents were able to immediately move back into their units after the cleaning and renovation.
Karen Ingersoll, Chairperson of the Culture Committee, notes that it would not have been possible to complete 2023 Red Day without the help of several Keller Williams Arizona Realty Affiliate Partners. A great big thank you and special shoutout is due to these fantastic organizations:
- American Family Insurance-Shisler & Associates Insurance, Inc.
- Camelback Moving
- Desert Dragon Painting
- Elson Group Inc.
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- Landmark Title Assurance Agency
- Magnus-Asset Title – Magnus Title Agency
- 2-10 Home Warranty
To see more photos from 2023 Red Day visit HERE.