Meet Ted Dudine!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background in the local area.
My 1st career was as a Marketing Executive in the Quick Service Restaurant industry (fast food). That is actually how my wife and I ended up out here in Arizona. The Franchise Organization I worked for owned about 800 Arby’s with 120 units or so out west in Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Phoenix, AZ. Unfortunately, the Western units were losing money. I was in Indianapolis, IN and had stores in Grand Rapids, MI and Fort Wayne, IN, and these stores were the company’s “cash cows.”
So I came out here and we “fixed” those stores in 18 months. Then the company bought 55 more stores from a family in Minneapolis, MN. My wife and I moved there to handle these new units plus the west coast. If you can imagine the winters in Minneapolis for a minute…my wife spent one winter there and then promptly moved back to our house here in Arizona. I spent another year there, and then the company closed that office and paid me out as a Vice President & Partner.
Time For a Career Change
After that, I did some work for Papa John’s Pizza. However, with 25 years as a Marketing Executive in the fast food industry, I could not find a brand or a team who needed someone, that I was willing to work for or with. I can’t sell something I do not believe in, be it a product or an idea. Finally my wife said “just go get your Real Estate license!”
I affiliated with Keller Williams Arizona Realty 15 years ago. I chose to be a “farmer”, as we love the area in which we live. Quickly I became a resource to new and long time neighbors alike. We recommend vendors, restaurants, and fun things to do. Plus my farm is just right out my office window so I have become that guy everyone calls. It’s great to help neighbors as well as local merchants by connecting them.
As for my non-marketable skills, I am known for several unique talents:
- I am your go to buy for improving blueprints. I have a shirt that says “I think in graph paper.”
- Knowledge of more than most people about physical science, all things Hoosier, music from Gregorian chant to Led Zeppelin, know France pretty well but do not speak a lick of French, I am pretty solid in Apologetics (understanding how trust and beauty are marks of a creator, and science is the method for discerning truth), highly logical, know a little about food, wine and cooking, a lot about Indy Car and Formula 1 racing, and we watch the Tour de France every year…plus I am told I possess a lot of obscure information that may be useful to someone, if I can find them…
- Collecting “oxymorons” like clean dirt, sanitary sewer, and the classic: one beer.
Hoosier: People from Indiana; salt of the earth, highly principled.
Hoosier Hospitality: Kindness, caring, and generosity of people from Indiana. Your handshake is your bond. Hoosiers never meet a stranger.
2. What brought you to Keller Williams Arizona Realty?
After I got my real estate salesperson’s license and considered affiliation I started interviewing with various Brokerages in the area. Every Brokerage that I interviewed with, regardless of what the sign said out front, all had the same books on the shelf…and these books were all written by…Gary Keller.
3. What do you like most about working with the KWAZ team?
The leadership team in the office at Raintree are the glue. They are like cousins and nieces to me, always fun to be around and yet working hard to get things done.
4. Do you have a favorite client story you would like to share where you believe you helped them the most?
There are many that come to mind and they all “ring” of me bragging about me…so I will simply say many times I know I have done something that matters for those Buyers or Sellers and it gives you a feeling of satisfaction. Sometimes even if they aren’t grateful or realize it themselves…humility serves you well, you have to swallow your pride and just make the deal.
You do not have to win, your client does!
5. What is the secret to your success?
Do you want to make a lot of money, and/or be respected, or teach others, or get to Heaven?
It depends on what it is you are looking to achieve.
I can coach it in others, once they identify their big “why.”
6. If you could give one piece of helpful advice to a new real estate agent, what would that be?
Do the work to help your clients get what they want or need. The money will follow.
7. Where will we meet Ted Dudine in the future?
Much like success, the future, that’s something you never get to… fewer years remain than have passed for me. My hope is, and this is way in the future….I’m shooting for Purgatory! 🙂
Learn More About Keller Williams Arizona Realty
We hope you enjoyed learning more about Ted Dudine. Perhaps you can make use of a few of his non-marketable skills and his extensive knowledge of diverse topics! Ted’s Hoosier Hospitality is sure to welcome you with care and friendliness.
Contact our team today to learn more about what our market center can offer you in your real estate career. Our leadership and coaching team members are glad to speak with you about the the training, coaching, and other events you will find at Keller Williams Arizona Realty.